Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Kitchen Design

Here is the first design I came up with when I started putting together what we wanted in our kitchen:
A.

The Dilemmas:
We have original beautiful hardwood underneath all the carpet area. The kitchen and bath are the only place that don't have hardwood. Options we considered for flooring: 1. Ripping out all the hardwood throughout the whole house and replacing it..way to expensive. 2.  Having just the kitchen area custom to match the original hardwood (worried about it being cohesive with the original hardwood).  3. Putting in tile. Didn't love the thought of it at first even though there is cool tile out there but I had a hard time envisioning what tile would look like in our small space. After looking around it didn't take long for my husband and me to find the perfect tile (see in design board below)!  

The next dilemma we ran into is cabinets. We want the bluish gray inset cabinets. We had a guy come out to give us a bid and I knew it would be pricey but it was way more than I wanted to spend. I did a quick Ikea design online to price it out and it was only $1,900 (not including labor or tax but still WAY cheaper). They are made of particle board so obviously they are cheaper, I read 303 reviews on the cabinets and about %60 were pleased and the other %40 had complaints. I really do like the gray finish they have but my husband is not sold (on the finish or the fact they are from Ikea). We had another guy come out to give us a bid and we will see what his bid comes in at. 

Because this is not our forever home (we may only be in for a couple yrs) we are trying to be cautious not to dump too much in that we won't get out of it. 




B. Ikea cabinets: 


C. Custom: 



Anyone have strong opinions or suggestions? A.B. or C. brass, nickel, custom cabinets or ikea?

Here are some inspiration pics that we like:






10 comments:

  1. Kitchen design is the most desirable activities by any home-owner. The information you have shared is very informative.

    Poulin Design Center
    Kitchen Cabinet Santa Fe


    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the information provided in this article and I really like the way you have explained each and everything so well. Very well done with the article, hope that you will continue to do posting


    North East Factory Direct
    Cleveland Kitchen Cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good read and Great article. and I really appreciate all the great content you have here. thanks for sharing with us

    Furniture Store Denver
    Kitchen Cabinets Parker

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for a cool article. I'm glad I hit your blog. I found a lot of valuable information :) Did anyone know a good home expert flooring? I am looking for an optimal solution for my kitchen and bathroom

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you should consider whether you want to choose color harmony or contrast color, pick the central color like the wood color then you find younger color for the rest and older color for the edge. Or you prefer play in three color : Black, grey and white then consistent with that.

    http://kitchen-deign.blogspot.co.id/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Friend, this web site might be fabolous, i just like it.
    Ceramics for kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy.
    קרמיקה למטבח

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for Sharing such a great blog, I really impressed. hope to see your next blog. Famous kitchen Extensions in London.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have shared nice post, more Prestige Home London is a one stop solution for all of your kitchen designing and installation needs.

    ReplyDelete