Monday, August 17, 2015

Our "NEW" house!

This whole house searching process has been so exhausting and exciting! When we first heard about this house with out even seeing it we put an offer on it because it was in the perfect area for us. (I know some may think we are crazy but location, location people!) The house wasn't even on the market for a day and it already had 10 offers! So we knew the chances were slim and they were! Tay (my husband) kept saying if only they could see our little son's face they would pick us.  Well to our advantage the sellers realtor had to meet us at the house to show us through and he kept remarking how beautiful Owen's face is (give all props to my husband for that since he looks just like him). The next day we got a call that they accepted our offer! Wahoo!!! We thank our son's face for giving us more of a chance to be selected (I always think it helps to put a face to an offer). We were elated to say the least!

 It was hard for me at first to realize we are buying an older home for the price of building a brand new home in a different area. And seeing the pictures online I had a hard time envisioning what I wanted to do with it design-wise. After walking through the home, my mind started flowing with ideas for EVERY single room and I knew exactly how I wanted to design it. Which made me even more excited to be the owner of this home with my husband and put our stamp on it! The charm and the tree lined streets have me in awe:)

One thing that we both appreciated about the home is how well maintained the yard is. And we have a private backyard which I am so excited about as well! 

Okay so now for the interior of the home this is what our plans are: 

For this room we are pulling up the carpet, painting and getting new light fixtures, and window coverings..even though the window curtains were thrown in with the house they are all going as well. 

Oh the mercury mirrors will be taken down as well: 




Dining area: the wall on the right will be removed. It is load bearing so we will place a beam across for support. Which I am ecstatic about because it will add character and really open up the space. 




Entering the kitchen: 


The wall on the left will be taken down and be replaced by a beam and a peninsula to give us more counter space.   


the whole kitchen is being gutted. 


This bedroom we will pull up the carpet- hardwood floors (which are through out the whole house underneath the carpet! wahoo!..hopefully in good shape), paint, light fixture (maybe, I like it in a weird way), and the mirrors/curtains will be taken down. 


My husband walked through every room with so many great ideas and then when he walked in this bathroom he said, "yeah you can figure out this one" ha which I love bathroom designs so I didn't mind at all. 


 Same thing to the other bedroom will be done to this room: 



I will show the basement later, which has 2 bedrooms, family room, bathroom, storage (tons of storage!), and laundry room. We are doing the upstairs first but I do have design plans for the basement that we are so thrilled about!

We have a big remodel project on our hands and I am excited to share our process as we go along. We have prepared ourselves that this will take twice the time and money that we have planned for and our expectations I think are about accurate (until we knock a wall out and find out that there is more to it then we thought ha, laugh now cry later) 
:) 

Tomorrow I will share my design plans for the living room and kitchen!








6 comments:

  1. So fun for you guys! We are about to start some minor remodeling to our house too! Question. What are you doing with your old light fixtures?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am just getting back to you! So excited for you to remodel, can't wait to see pics! We got rid of all of them but the master bedroom fixture which if you want let me know!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Grace! I already told you this but we are keeping them, if I ever replace our doors though I will totally let you know!!

      Delete
  3. I do not blame you for choosing the house based on the location. You want to make sure it is a great spot for your whole family. It sounds like you are going to put a lot of work into the house, especially the kitchen and dining area. It will be worth the work to have the house you want in a great location.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog..! I really loved reading through this article. Thanks for sharing such a amazing post with us and keep blogging...
    Renovations in Pimlico

    ReplyDelete